28 June, 2015
Honey Lime Chia Super Salad
Chia seeds are the single richest source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids you can buy. They’re also loaded with antioxidants, protein and minerals. Adding a spoonful or two to meals will help you feel fuller faster. They’re virtually tasteless, so you can drop a spoonful or two into just about anything, including smoothies, sauces, soups and salads.
Combining these super seeds with another super food will make your food double rich!
- 1 tablespoon biological honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 mango, dice
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 kiwifruit, diced
- 2 oranges, diced
- 2 peaches, diced
- 1/2 avocado (just ripe), chopped
- 1 small bunch of grapes, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the mangoes, banana, kiwifruit, oranges, peaches, grapes. Then add the chopped avocado and stir gently to mix
- Prepare the dressing with honey, lime juice and chia seeds. (warming the honey slightly in a hot water bath makes it easier to stir)
- Drizzle the dressing over the fruit salad and toss lightly to coat. Serve the Super Salad cold!
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on Planet Eat-in. Thank you!