30 June, 2015
Saffron and Cardamom flavored Almond Milk
A perfect way to nourish your body with almonds, rich in magnesium and saffron, a natural antidepressant. Saffron provides a beautiful color and distinctive flavor to this refreshing drink. A perfect thirst quencher for hot summer days. The drink can be served warm during cold nights.
The recipe below serves 2
- 2 cups almond milk
- 6 strands saffron
- 2 pods cardamom
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Crush the cardamom pods in a mortar and pestle, grind the seeds
- Pour 50 ml of boiling water over the saffron strands in a cup, let it stand for 5 minutes
- In a small stainless steel pot add the almond milk, saffron water with strands and ground cardamom seeds, then heat to simmer
- Remove from the heat, stir in honey and serve warm
- Refrigerate the drink to serve cold with ice cubes. Garnish the drink with a few strands of saffron.
Relish the soothing drink!