9 July, 2015
Minty Green Tea with Pine nuts
Posted in : World Cuisine on by : Rubina Rahiman Tags: drinks, green tea, healthy, mint, natural, pinenuts, prevent cancer, remedy, superfood, tea
Mint, a wonder herb acts as a powerful antioxidant, soothes an upset stomach, promotes focus, breaks up coughs and helps with nasal allergies.
Green tea improves cardiovascular health, reduces the risk of cancer and helps with weight loss. Green tea which is consumed “fresh”, is less processed and retains more of its nutrients and antioxidants than black tea.
In the Minty Green Tea, you have a potent blend that’s not only exceptionally cooling but also packed with enough health benefits.
Moroccan mint tea, a blend of dried mint leaves and Chinese gunpowder green tea is purchased pre-mixed in dried combination of mint and green tea leaves, or you can just mix the two yourself. Use half mint and half green tea for best results.
Recreate a Moroccan mint tea outside of Morocco. For an earthy, Tunisian touch, dry roast a handful of pine nuts and drop them in the glass just before serving.
- 3 teaspoons of green tea
- 4 cups of water
- 2 large handfuls mint sprigs
- 2 tablespoons of roasted pine nuts, for garnish
- honey to taste
- bring the water to a boil, pour a small amount in the teapot to swish around
- add the mint and green tea in the teapot, then fill it with the rest of the hot water
- let it steep for at least three minutes and strain
- add honey to taste
- serve in small glasses garnished with pine nuts